Monday, June 25, 2012

Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide by Collette Leigh
Publisher:  CreateSpace
Publication Date:  April 6, 2012
ISBN:  1470146371
Genre:  Self-help / organization
Book Description:  Sometimes organizing your home just feels too overwhelming.


The closets are jam-packed...
There's no room in the garage for another box...
And the clutter just keeps piling up...


Step back from the chaos and create a plan!


Plans are at their most effective when they feel like they're achievable.
That means breaking up a large-scale project into smaller, bite size, pieces.
This twelve-month guide can help you have a completely organized home in a year.
(Of course, if you're feeling motivated you can push through the plan faster)


Starting with that incredible twelve-month plan, and following with unmissable decluttering tips and advice for you and the whole family, including:
Top Five Clutter Killers
How to Clean Any Room At Lightning Speed
Personalized Cleaning Checklists
The Essential Three Tier System
Ideas to Create Event, Errand and Chore Charts
Secrets of Organized Families
Ten Tools Everyone Needs To Get and Stay Organized
How to Help Children Get Organized
Storage Solutions for Your Home
Kitchen Organization Tips
Laundry Room Storage Solutions
Strategies for an Organized Office or Den
...and more!


Plus all purchasers of this book are entitled to download the Gleam Guru Home Cleaning Checklists & Planning Sheets absolutely free!
My Thoughts:  This book is simple, straight-forward, and to the point.  It would be so easy for anyone to follow.  I liked its some-what humorous tone and the fact that it is all just common sense.  


I for one am anything but organized.  I have read all kinds of organization books and websites.  I did find some tips in the book that I am able to put in place.  It is always nice to pick up a tip or two.  The chapter on creating errand / chore charts was great!!


I was able to sit and read this in one sitting - which makes it all the better.  I was able to apply my new inspiration and ideas gleaned from the book immediately.  The book is set up to get in the habits in 12 months, so the idea is not to rush into it, so that you do in fact develop habits rather than a one time hit and forget!  I found this very much like Flylady who I absolutely love and follow regularly.


If I had one complaint about the book, it is the lack of details.  I for one am very detail-driven, and that would have helped me more.  However, I guess that allows for more individuality so that the reader can apply it to their situation.


If you are looking for some inspiration to get organized - something that you can get information from quickly and easily, this one is for you.  Oh, by the way, it is free to Amazon Prime members - so don't miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...