Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Utility or Futility

What are your thoughts on blogging?  Utility or Futility?  


I have had friends ask if the time I put into blogging is worth it or not.  My answer to them so far has always been an unquestionable - YES!!!  I think anything that has value, is worth giving time to make it worthwhile!!  
My thoughts are if I ever get to the point where I am questioning my worth in blogging, it may be time to hang it up.  It is important to keep it fresh and enjoyable.  I don't want to get to the point where my efforts are like a job.  There has to be a balance - effort but not work!!!
My advice for making a book blog useful:

  • Have a purpose & stick to it!
  • Read & review what you enjoy
  • Don't overwhelm yourself - learn to say NO when you need to!
  • Keep it simple, stupid! (K.I.S.S.)
  • Post on a regular basis
  • Be yourself - use your own voice, not that of others!!!
These are just simple basics to get you started!  By all means, there is much more to blogging, but you've got to start somewhere, and this gives you something to think about!!!

What advice would you give a new blogger?  

1 comment:

  1. That's very good advice, Sara. :) I particularly agree to writing about what you enjoy, because many just write about "popular" stuff and do so joylessly, and it's boring and sometimes painful to read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...