Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cause to Comment

When I first started blogging - not that long ago (January) - I didn't give commenting much thought.  I was so naive!  Yeah, I got excited when someone commenting on my blog, and might hit or miss commenting on other blogs myself, but very little.  I was one of those that believed that "if I post, they will come"!  I have grown and learned so much in a few short months.  Although I do not post as often as I should, I do make a habit of posting to a few blogs each day.  Now, with the Blogging from A to Z challenge, I am strengthening my habit of commenting even more!!


If you are new to blogging, you might be asking why commenting is so important.  Think about the purpose of blogging - at least most of them.  You are posting to communicate to others - and communicating, quite frankly, is a two way street!!  As bloggers, we share information, to make it better, we need feedback.  Is what we are posting beneficial to someone?  Is there something that would make it better?  What are the other perspectives on the content?


As I mentioned before, I got excited when others commented on my blog - well, wouldn't it go to reason that other bloggers would appreciate me commenting to them?  The commenting gave me reason to want to blog more - to share more of my thoughts.  I don't think that I would have continued to blog - even in my short time, if I had not gotten some comments from others.  After all, who was I talking to?  Nice to see a name, a thought,  an agreement from my invisible audience.


My goal as a blogger is to become part of the book blogging community.  A community entails more than just me.  I find that when I visit others and comment /share my thoughts about what they posted, we get a conversation going on - not only on the blog I commented on, but also on mine when that blogger stopped to visit me.


I want to thank the Blogging from A to Z creators / hosts for creating such a challenge.  You are stretching me, not only in my content, but also in my commenting!

4 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right! I started out the same way, posting to an invisible audience, no comments, for the most part. Then I somehow happened across last year's A-to-Z and, boy, did I learn a lot during it, including reciprocal commenting. It's a conversation of sorts, and so much better when you get there.

    I'm your co-host for the A-to-Z! If you didn't get an email from me the other day, it may have gone in your spam box. Please feel free to contact me via my profile or reply to that email if you need anything or have any questions.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and so true! A-Z is a great way to find interesting blogs and commenting is probably the best way to get your own blog noticed. But after that, it's the fun of interacting with others that counts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great point. Blogging every day is easy. Writing cool content and getting consistent comments is the challenge. New follow now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little bit of love goes a long way! And the book blogging community is great. So friendly. Happy commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...