Friday, January 6, 2012

Weight Loss Journey

I am really working hard on losing some weight!  I started last year with a group at work through Weight Watchers.  I was not sure how it would work, but I have very successful so far.  


I hate to admit this, but when we first started, I was clocking in at 281 pounds.  YUCK!!!  I was very unhealthy, tired all the time, and just plain miserable.  Yesterday, we began our second 10 weeks, and I am down to 239 pounds - a 42 pound loss!!!!!  I am so happy, and feeling so much better!  I can't wait to see what this 10 weeks brings me.  


I know that everyone is different, and that Weight Watchers might not work for everyone, but it has helped me immensely.  I have learned to look at food differently.  I have learned to look at that nutrition label and see what I am eating.  I am learning to make choices, and balance what I eat.  Weight Watchers really is a change of lifestyle, and not really a diet.  I do eat what I want - I just make sure I count the points.  Portion control is very important.  This is another piece of information that I have learned to use from the nutrition label.  I am using those serving sizes!  I am never hungry, and am eating healthier!


I will say that the meetings make a difference.  I tried Weight Watchers Online in the past, but didn't succeed. I need the accountability of others at that meeting.  


One big piece of advice I would pass on to anyone on a similar journey:  set up your environment (in my case, my kitchen), so that you don't have those things that might tempt you.  If you have to have them in the house (for loved ones), hide them out of sight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...