Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ebooks

So, how many of you are reading more now because you have an e-reading device of some sort (e.g. Nook, Kindle, iPad, etc.)?  I know my reading has improved.  My first e-reading device was a Kindle from our school (I am a special education teacher & we bought them for our students because of the text to speech feature).  I then bought my own device - first edition Nook.  It was nice, but the electronic ink messed up.  I then invested and bought myself the Nook Color.  I absolutely love the thing.  It was a little pricey - I bought it when the first came out - but well worth the investment.  My youngest daughter has a smaller Kindle (before all the other versions).  She reads more now with it than she did just reading a regular book.  


Now, I have access to an iPad from school.  With this iPad, I have access to all kinds of ereader apps - Nook, Kindle, Kobo, iBooks, etc.  There are so many ereader apps, could be really hard to choose.  I hop around and read from various ones, but I am still very loyal to my Nook app.  


Since I primarily read on an ereader, I thought it would be fun to jump into the 2012 Ebook Challenge (yeah, I know, another one!).  The 2012 EBook Challenge is just how it sounds - reading ebooks.  You can read any genre, any book you want.  


There are seven levels to this challenge, so there is something for everyone:

  1. Floppy Disk - 5 ebooks
  2. CD - 10 ebooks
  3. DVD - 25 ebooks
  4. Memory Stick - 50 ebooks
  5. Hard Drive - 75 ebooks
  6. Server - 100 ebooks
  7. Human Brain - 150 ebooks
I am going midway and shooting for Memory Stick - 50 ebooks.  I actually already have 2 down for this year, so I'm at least started.  I figure most of the books I read this year will be in electronic format.  The only ones that will not be are those that are not available that way.  

Find out more about this challenge:   2012 Ebook Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...