Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 21



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the SpineThe idea for this topic is to "spotlight" a book that we are waiting on. 

This week, I am waiting on: 

Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1) by by Fiona Paul 
Publisher:  Philomel
Publication Date: October 30th 2012
ISBN:  978039925725
Genre:  YA romance / historical fiction
Book Synopsis:  Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancĂ©, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.


When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancĂ©, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco?


Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself.
What are you waiting on?  Leave a comment below to let me know!! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for historical romance/mystery so I'm waiting for this as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover sure looks venomous ;) Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cover. And who can resist Venice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this book everywhere! :D I have to say I am definitely intrigued. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely on my to read list and was written by one of the nurses at the hospital I work at. What a great pick!

    Am following, would love for you to see my blog, Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...