It goes without saying that social networking is here to stay. Twitter is one of the biggies out there! It is real-time, and very user friendly. You can be a casual user or you can be a full-fledged "tweet-aholic" - or like me - somewhere in between.
When it comes to using Twitter for you blog, you need to determine your goal.
- Are you using merely as a way to steer traffic to your blog?
- Are your tweets teases for your blog posts?
- Are you following experts in your field to add to your blog (e.g. authors, other bloggers, publishers, etc.)?
- Are you working to build your SEO?
- What is your goal?
When starting out - keep is simple. You might just start by tweeting or sharing some of your blog posts. (You can use various tools to help you do it automatically).
- TwitThis - add a button to every post that would make it easy for your visitors to share your posts with their followers
- TwitterFeed - auto feed from your blog to twitter (facebook and others as well).
- TweetBeep - keep track of conversations that mention you, your products, your company, anything, with hourly updates - great for tracking keywords.
As with blogging - you want it to be a two way street. Don't just tweet to pump yourself up. Spend some time getting to know your followers. Find others to follow, read their tweets, and make comments. Building relationships is what it's all about.