Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dewey's 24 Hour Read A Thon

OK, so it's almost here!!!!  Dewey's 24 Hour Read A Thon is scheduled for April 21, 2012 - this Saturday!!!  I am really looking forward to another read-a-thon.  I am doing good with my reading, but want to have some great escape time with just me and my books!!!!
I had hoped to spend the whole day reading, but alas, I will be taking a few hours to attend a T-ball game for my beautiful granddaughter, Zoe!!! This is her first game, and I cannot skip out- I am super excited to see her play!! This will be my only time away from my reading, but I think it is well worth it, don't you?  It will give my eyes a break anyway!!!!


I plan to get up like a regular work day, so I can have a fair amount of time - so I will start at 4:45 am.


I have plenty of water and drinks to have handy.  I also have my fair share of snacks ready.  (I'll still be county my points - still working on Weight Watchers.  I have only met part of my goal.)  Eating and drinking right - that is the ticket!!!


My only break, as I have said above, is my trip to see Miss Zoe play ball.  I will make sure my daughter (my youngest) has something to do so she stays busy without mom!  (We both need a break from each other now and then!!!)


I have several books on my pile to tackle.  I know I won't get to many, but the top three I will be reading:

  1. I need to finish Hope's Journey by Stephanie Worlton
  2. Moonlight on Linoleum: A Daughter's Memoir  by Terry Helwig
  3. Watched by Cindy Hogan
I hope to check out various mini-challenges along the way too.  I just gotta make sure I don't get too sidetracked on the computer!!!

So, do you have a plan?  You really need to join in on the fun - even if only for a short while!!


You can sign up by clicking on the Read-A-Thon button above!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Read-a-Thon! I love giving myself permission to read for a WHOLE DAY/NIGHT without feeling guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have some good books lined up. 3 books is a perfect goal for the readathon, in my opinion! I'm also going to have to stop reading for a bit for family purposes, but agree with you, it'll be a nice break! Don't be afraid to take any other breaks, it'll help, so that you can keep reading throughout the night! Good luck, and have fun! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life [Team Puck!]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...