Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weight Loss Journey (2)

Today was weigh in day.  I am down 2 pounds this week - that makes a total loss of 46.5 lbs.  Yay me!!!!


What did I do right this week?  I am still with our Weight Watchers group at work!  This is a big plus for me for motivation and accountability.   I watched my portions.  I made sure that I didn't overindulge when I plated my meals.  I took it easy and only took what I thought was a true portion.  I also made sure to divvy out any snacks into appropriate portions - according to serving size and points - into individual baggies.  This made it easier to grab a snack when I needed it;  Planning my meals ahead of time also helped me this week.  I only did it for 2 days at a time, but knowing what I was eating and making sure I had what I needed made all the difference.  Because - when in doubt & when I don't have meals or snacks planned out, I grab the quickest and easiest food I have available, and sometimes that might not be what I should have (or I'll over eat).  


What could I have done better with?  I did not track consistently this week.  Although I did plan my meals, I did not track them.  I will say my planning paid off and allowed me to still get a loss on the scale, but I think that  can be the luck of the draw sometimes when not tracking.  I did not know how many of my weekly allowance I had used or what I had left.  What a disaster that could have been.  At one point this week, I indulged in a big pasta salad, and I was concerned I would gain this week - from the time I had my first bite until weigh in.  However, I must have been within my weekly allowance, and everything turned out OK. 


What will I work on this week?  This week, I will track!!!  I am not going to leave a doubt about anything.  I will know if I do well, and if I mess up.  I need to start including some movement / exercise into my week.  Up until now, my weight loss can be attributed to a change in lifestyle in the are of food and eating.  The next step yet to be included is the exercise.  My plan is to walk.  This is my favorite exercise.  I used to do it all the time, and enjoyed it.  I have made an excuse up to now that it is cold, wet, or snowing, and I don't want to deal with that.  Excuses are gone.  I am committing to walking a minimum of 15 minutes twice a week.  I will build from there.  


So, off I go on my journey.  Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...