Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - January 10, 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme created & hosted by The Broke & the Bookish.  

Each week there is a new book/reading related theme to give a top 10.  This week, our list is:

Top 10 authors I wish would write another book:
  1. Laura Ingalls Wilder – My all-time favorite books growing up were the Little House series.  I read it numerous times, and my third grade teacher read the series to our class as well.  There have been other books/authors that were similar, but not the same.
  2. Louisa May AlcottLittle Women was another of my favorites growing up.  I read everything I could get my hands on – (e.g. Little Men, Jo’s Boys, etc.) – I could not get enough of her books.
  3. Margaret Mitchell – I remember reading Gone with the Wind in middle school.  I thought I was such a big shot with this huge book.  Read it, and then read the authorized sequel Scarlett.  Although it was good too, it was not Margaret Mitchell.
  4. Madeleine L’Engle – My sixth grade teacher read A Wrinkle in Time series to the class.  Was a great time, and I will always have a love for those books. 
  5. J.K. Rowling – I was a huge Harry Potter fan just like everyone else.  I would love to see what else she could come up with.  Could it outdo Harry Potter?
  6. Stephenie Meyer – Who didn’t love the Twilight books?  They were my first Vampire books – never thought I’d like them, but was proven wrong.  Wanting more!!!
  7. Lois Lenski – author of The Strawberry Girl.  I still remember reading this book, and the smelly strawberry sticker I had put on its cover. 
  8. Lois Lowry – I found this author with The Giver, and then read everything else.  Very fascinating!
  9.  Lynne Reid Banks – I read the series The Indian in the Cupboard to my oldest daughter when she was in elementary school.  It was a great mommy-daughter time. 
  10. Alecia Whitaker – Debut author!  Just finished Queen of Kentucky & adored it.  I can’t wait for her next book. 

This was my first Top Ten Tuesday.   I thought this list would be harder to create, but actually really starting coming to me once I put the first one down.  I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.  

If you want more information, or if you want to link up your list, visit:

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lynn Reid Banks! I didn't even think of her when I was making my list, but it would be awesome to have about a dozen more "Indian" books, wouldn't it? I love nearly every author on your list. BTW, welcome to Top 10!
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...