This week, our top is: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read X
So we can pop in a genre (e.g. romance, historical, horror, comedy, etc.) or something else that has to do with books. Since I have found a new love for dystopian and/or paranormal novels, I am going to go that route. Some of the books on my list will be ones I have not read, but they are at least on my to-read list.
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read dystopian and/or paranormal novels:
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - great series, read this on a recommendation of some students, and did not regret it. Once I read the first one, I had to read all 3.
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges - I just finished reading this yesterday. WONDERFUL!!!! I cannot wait for the next in the series. I want to know what happens next!!!
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons - I am waiting on this one. The cover caught my eye, and I have been hooked ever since.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry - I read this one for the first time in children's lit class. This is the first dystopian novel I had ever read, and fell in love with the genre. I recently found my way back, and had to read it again.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer - a recent read. Such a good story - nice combination of a fairy-tail and science fiction.
- Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer - Do I really need to say much about this one. My first vampire book. Yes, I fell in love with both Edward and Jacob. I will read this series again someday.
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - this one is on my list, and has been. I need to make sure it comes off my TBR pile this year. I have heard so many good reviews from friends and online.
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - new to my t0-read list. The cover is beautiful, and sounds so good!
- Divergent by Veronica Roth - another recent addition to my list. I actually saw a review for book #2, so I knew I had to read the first in the series before the second.
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - another gorgeous cover that caught my eye. I am waiting for this one - comes out this month!!!
I could keep adding to this list - just like I do my to-read list, but I don't want to overwhelm everyone!!!!!
So, what would you recommend to the rest of us?