Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2) - January 17, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly event/meme that is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week  they provide a new topic to build a top ten list from.  They provide us with their list, and then we can link back to it so others can see ours.  What a fun way to share some fun top 10 ideas.


This week, our top is:  Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read X
So we can pop in a genre (e.g. romance, historical, horror, comedy, etc.) or something else that has to do with books.  Since I have found a new love for dystopian and/or paranormal novels, I am going to go that route.  Some of the books on my list will be ones I have not read, but they are at least on my to-read list.


Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read dystopian and/or paranormal novels:



  1. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - great series, read this on a recommendation of some students, and did not regret it.  Once I read the first one, I had to read all 3.
  2. The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges - I just finished reading this yesterday.  WONDERFUL!!!!  I cannot wait for the next in the series.  I want to know what happens next!!!
  3. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons - I am waiting on this one.  The cover caught my eye, and I have been hooked ever since.  
  4. The Giver by Lois Lowry - I read this one for the first time in children's lit class.  This is the first dystopian novel I had ever read, and fell in love with the genre.  I recently found my way back, and had to read it again.
  5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - a recent read.  Such a good story - nice combination of a fairy-tail and science fiction.
  6. Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer - Do I really need to say much about this one.  My first vampire book.  Yes, I fell in love with both Edward and Jacob.  I will read this series again someday.
  7. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - this one is on my list, and has been.  I need to make sure it comes off my TBR pile this year.  I have heard so many good reviews from friends and online.
  8. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - new to my t0-read list.  The cover is beautiful, and sounds so good!
  9. Divergent by Veronica Roth - another recent addition to my list.  I actually saw a review for book #2, so I knew I had to read the first in the series before the second.
  10. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - another gorgeous cover that caught my eye.  I am waiting for this one - comes out this month!!!  
I could keep adding to this list - just like I do my to-read list, but I don't want to overwhelm everyone!!!!!

So, what would you recommend to the rest of us?




1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Divergent I really need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...