Monday, November 5, 2012

The Effects of a Storm

We just got electricity & cable (phone, internet, TV) back!!!  It is hard to believe that a snowstorm can be so devastating!!  In my life I have lived through many storms and blizzards, but none quite as messy as this one!!  My driveway was blocked because of fallen trees - this in addition to all the outages.  I sat and listened to snaps and pops of trees breaking for 2 days/nights.  That was extremely scary, as my home is surrounded by trees.  I am just happy that everyone is safe.

Check some of these out - this is the road I drive to go to work each day:



So anyway.  I was supposed to have 3 posts up and ready by now.  Unfortunately, this is where the effects come into play.  With no electricity, I had no way to keep my iPad charged. So, I was only able to read one of said books.  I am in the process of reading the other two.  I am getting ready to post one review today, and the others will follow in the next day or two.  

I love reading my books on my iPad, but I guess there is some good in having a hard copy of a book.  I had all the time in the world to read the past several days, but unfortunately, could not.  Had I had a hard copy, they would have been finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...