Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 11



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. The idea for this topic is to "spotlight" a book that we are waiting on. 

This week, I am waiting on:  


After the Snow by S.D. Crockett
Expected Publication Date:  March 27th 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends


Summary:  Fifteen-year-old Willo was out hunting when the trucks came and took his family away. Left alone in the snow, Willo becomes determined to find and rescue his family, and he knows just who to talk with to learn where they are. He plans to head across the mountains and make Farmer Geraint tell him where his family has gone. 


But on the way across the mountain, he finds Mary, a refugee from the city, whose father is lost and who is starving to death. The smart thing to do would be to leave her alone -- he doesn't have enough supplies for two or the time to take care of a girl -- but Willo just can't do it. However, with the world trapped in an ice age, the odds of them surviving on their own are not good. And even if he does manage to keep Mary safe, what about finding his family?

Share your WoW in the comments.  I'd love to visit your blog, check out a new good read, and maybe linger!!!   

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds like something I would enjoy. The blurb gave me chills and I definitely want to know how he does keep her safe or if he finds his family. I want to know. Yes, I am reading this one. Thanks for sharing!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...