Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My March Random Reads Selection

Random Reads is a meme hosted by I'm Loving Books.  The idea is to select a book from our TBR piles - you know those stacks and/or lists that keep growing and growing, and growing.  We never seem to get to many of those books do we? - maybe a few, then something else catches our eye!!. Well, the blog author came up with a way to select a book from our TBR list (or any other list we have) on Goodreads - using Random.org


So, I did my random selection.  I currently have 659 books on my to-read list, so I entered that into the random selector and this is what I got:




On my Goodreads list, #418 is:
Unfortunately, I have not read book #1 or #2 in this series, so I am going to have to read at least #1 this month. ( It is also on my list as part of the 659.)


That means for this month, I my Random Reads Selection is:


Gone by Michael Grant
Summary:  From the co-creator of the bestselling "Animorphs" comes a gripping new series in which everyone disappears in an flash on their 14th birthday. It's a terrifying new world, and time is running out.




What will your Random Read for March be?

9 comments:

  1. My response to this was "Umm, K.A. Applegate wrote Animorphs. I'll just look up Michael Grant on Wikipedia. OMG he's K.A. Applegate's husband and co-author!" Haha. But the books are published under only her name, I guess 'cause she's the primary author. You learn something new every day!

    As for Gone, I have to wonder... where do the babies come from? It sounds like Logan's Run, but very YA. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that. I find I am learning something new all the time since starting this blog. I would have missed out on so much had I not started blogging!

      Good question - where do they come from? Hopefully it comes put in the novel!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Gone was from the author of Animorphs, I remember reading the first 5 books when I was around 14, really fun. Also another thing I didn't know was that Gone had characters younger than 14 years old, I remember the story but I always thought it'd be with 16 years-old or something.
    Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My Random Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read any of the Animorphs books. I have bought them for my students though.

    I am really looking forward to Gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have every single Animorphs book. The used book store owners told me I'd never accomplish it. :P

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this series, but apparently is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series either but I want to! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I've had my eye on this series for awhile. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, sounds good! I'll have to add that one to my list! :)

    Anna @ BookLovinMamas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...